[at-l] Apples and orangutans

Umm, I think this says alot more (bad) about Suburbans than it does about Hondas.  There've been studies showing how much (more) damage (because of where the bumpers contact, relative height, etc.) SUV's cause cars on impact.  Not to mention the size/weight differential.  At any rate, I defy any Suburban to come out the winner in an impact with a tractor-trailer.  Anybody care to give it a go?  ;-)

Lilla (who says Hooray for Hondas! Subjugate Suburbans!)

Where I worked we used quite a few Chevrolet Suburbans.

One day a Suburban rear-ended a Honda in rush hour traffic - - not a high
speed collision.  The Honda was less than a year old.  The Honda was
declared an economic total.  The Honda driver was hospitalized.

A single squirt of paint on the bumper of the Suburban repaired the vehicle
completely.  No injuries were suffered in the Suburban.  Only the driver
realized there had been a collision.

Honda has produced some great looking and driving vehicles.  I have felt
their siren call.  Some of them, unfortunately, are virtually engineered tin
foil.

I have driven Suburbans.  I have never owned one.  I don't own any GM
products.  I am concerned that Honda vehicles don't do well in field crash
tests.

Oh, yes, to make it trail related, I'm sure a Suburban which runs will get
you to most trail heads.

Steve