[at-l] Car Talk

Aye, sadly I had one too--for 15 years until last Christmas, when I T-boned a semi with it (not recommended).  I loved that little car, though you are totally right about the clearance--there is none.  It is definitely *not* a great car for rough-ish road/trailhead access conditions.  I wish I had a dollar for every time I bottomed out in it...might have helped pay for my newer, (*much*) fancier, heavier & somewhat larger Accord.

Lillla

We (my wife and I) once owned a Civic Hatchback. It handled well and got
good mileage but was underpowered my wife hated it. It was so low to the
ground I couldn't put a pan under it to change the oil without jacking it
up and hit bottom on the high spots of rough road. Fine as a commuter car
but I would not consider it a good vehicle for getting to (sometimes
remote) trailheads.