[at-l] DWR and cleaning sleeping bags

The thing to also keep in mind about DWR that is
highly water resistant and not water proof. As such,
it is much more breathable than say Gore-tex. Find,
unlike gore-tex., these DWR coating for sleeping bags
actually work. My bag (again, from 1997) will not
repel water as well as it used to, but still does a
decent job.

As for cleaning down sleeping bags, eventually it is a
neccessity. After much use oils and sweat accumulate
in the bag - causing the bag to lose loft. Your 20F
bag is more like a 30F bag after extended use.  FWIW,
I  generally only clean my bag after a multi-month
thru-hike.

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com