[at-l] sleeping bags

<<Over time, moisture kept within the insulation baffles of your sleeping
bag
can make a major difference in the capacity of the bag to maintain loft and

minimize heat loss.  If you are not going to be living outside with your
sleeping bag for long, the difference may be minor??

One of the good things to do with a bag on a long hike is to run it through
the dryer on low at every town stop. This will help dry out any collected
dampness and seems to help with the loft. At least mine always seemed to
keep me warmer afterwards. And this goes for both down and synthetic. Since
I'm in the laundry anyway this isn't a big deal.
As for my new bag, I'll be using a silk liner. That way I can wash the
liner and not the bag. FF has a professional bag cleaning service (not
cheap), but given the results I've had trying to clean my own bag in the
past when this one finally needs cleaning I'll pay for it.
I wouldn't was a bag too much, unless it's a cheap one you're not
particularly worried about. YMMV.

skeeter