[at-l] Tent, tarp or Hammock

For three seasons of the year I use a tarp.  Found a ripstop
nylon tarp on sale several years ago at a local outfitters.
Has metal grommets.  I have attached rope to six of the
grommets.  When I reach my camp site I lay the tarp out flat
and stretch out the ropes.  I use aluminum stakes to stake
out five of the ropes (I don't stake out the front rope.  I
hold up the front of the trap with my hiking stick and stake
out the last rope.  I can pitch the whole thing in less than
a minute.  I use a mylar space blanket as a grounf cloth,
shiney side up in cool weather, shiney side down in hot
weather.  I use a k-mart special pad (I believe they call it
a closed cell pad.  Bought mine for like $3) and a light
weight wool blanket, though I am now looking at a polarguard
blanket.  The whole kit weights less than 2 #.  In winter I
use a synthetic bag (big, bulky and heavy) and a tent (6#).
Needless to say I don't hike very far with ir.  In winter I
usually do JUST day hikes.

Grey OWl