[at-l] Re: Tents

In a message dated 10/22/2004 7:48:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
gypsy97@bellsouth.net writes:

I 've  thought about getting a Clip Flashlight except for one thing:   it's
not freestanding.  I always liked to be able to shake out the  little bits of
debris that find their way inside the tent, or to be able to  move it once
it's set up on a not-quite-level place.  Does the lack of  being able to do
these things bother anyone with a non-free-standing  tent?

gypsy

**
I love free standing tents for a lot of reasons, but thru hiked with one
that wasn't (Nomad lite). Yes I got dirt and such in it, and no, you can't
pick it up and shake it out like you can with a free standing tent. But
you can get most of it out with a bandana, so this didn't make a difference
to me. Being able to pick a tent up and move it ddn't matter to me either,  it
was only a minor hassle to move mine around if I needed to & re-stake  it.
I only did it a few times on the trail, mostly I just slept where I set it
up,
like it or not (a good pad helps).

hotdog
AT 03