was [at-l] 5% hiking.....now sleeping bags

On Thursday, October 21, 2004, at 11:21  PM, Leslie Booher wrote:

> Amy says: For 3 season use, consider a quilt.? Nunatak makes a couple.?

> ?
> I just looked them up in the Backpacker Gear Guide.? Not only are they
> expensive ($281 and $313), but their girth is awfully small.? I'm 57"
> around the shoulders or upper arms.? The largest of the blankets is
> only 61".? The smaller one is 48".? The lengths aren't anything to
> write home about, either.? I've always envisioned that you wrap up in
> these blankets, but it doesn't sound like it with those measurements.?
> Can you make something large, warm, and still have it be compressible?

The quilts aren't intended to go all the way around you.  They're
supposed to tuck in on
either side of you.

Pictures at http://www.nunatakusa.com

FAQ describing how they think they should be used:
http://www.nunatakusa.com/arc_faq.htm

As to your question, I have no idea.  :)

-amy