was [at-l] 5% hiking.....now sleeping bags

Amy says: For 3 season use, consider a quilt.  Nunatak makes a couple.

I just looked them up in the Backpacker Gear Guide.  Not only are they expensive ($281 and $313), but their girth is awfully small.  I'm 57" around the shoulders or upper arms.  The largest of the blankets is only 61".  The smaller one is 48".  The lengths aren't anything to write home about, either.  I've always envisioned that you wrap up in these blankets, but it doesn't sound like it with those measurements.  Can you make something large, warm, and still have it be compressible?

anklebear