[at-l] Re: wearable sleeping bag

In a message dated 10/21/2004 9:02:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
shellydhale@earthlink.net writes:

OB,

I have had those same reservations about cooking under a  vestibule or around
a tent.  I have thought of taking a silnylon tarp  with me to create a
"kitchen" area away from our sleeping quarters.   Not only does this lessen
the opportunity for burning the house down so to  speak, but it also keeps
food smells out of clothing, bags, tent, and  packs.

Additional thoughts on this?

Shelly  Hale

**
Cook a couple miles before you camp. Never cook under  silnylon.
Try to cook away from your tent to keep the food smells out of your  gear.

Sit against the trunk of a thick tree and cook (keeps the rain at  bay).

hotdog