[at-l] 5% hiking

In a message dated 10/21/2004 8:58:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
shellydhale@earthlink.net writes:

As far  as price...I'm really not sure.  I'd prolly want to stay within  $150
at least.  Would like to save more if possible.
Hmm.... The clearance shelves, off season might work (in stores and  online),
but you get what you pay for. Cheaper prices are usually cheaper,  heavier
down.
But a 20 degree, 3 pound bag at a reasonable price is probably  doable.

I  recently lucked up on a couple of synthetic bags for myself and my
daughter  to last us until we can save additional funds for the more
high-tech  bags.  The ones I bought are Mac Sports Everest...only paid $50
for  both on ebay.  I know...I know...I'll prolly get what I paid for.   But,
I figure that if they can perform fairly close to their rating of 20,  then
we can use our fleece bags and emergency blankets for additional  warmth if
it was to get too cold on us.  However, with the way I move  when I sleep,
I'll prolly end up sleeping on top of my fleece blanket with  the bag
unzipped on top of me.

Shelly Hale

If you don't mind the extra weight of the fleece (another pound) that  works.

hotdog