[at-l] Re: wearable sleeping bag

The problem with "stretchy bags" is that you have to heat up the extra
space. It is impressive how comfortable a mummy bag on a hard closed cell
mat gets by day 3.

I unzip a hole in the bottom of my bag to stick a foot out and move about
if it is warm. I use the bag (once it is warmed up) to dry wet clothes by
bringing one piece at a time into the bag. I will line the zipper with
socks to speed their drying. So far, I've never had any problem with a wet
bag doing this. I enjoy having dry warm clothes in the morning.

BTW, I said go _cheap_ (not heavy) on everything on your back, except for
the sleeping bag. I think it is an excellent investment for $500 for the
winter bag, and $20 for a summer fleece bag.

OrangeBug