[at-l] 5% hiking

Ken,

I have a 4 LB (rated 20) and a 6 LB (rated 5) synthetic bags right now.  I
would like to shave a couple more pounds off of that.  So, I guess I'm
looking at 2 lbs. as a target weight for my bag.

Usage...year round.  There are some sleeping systems out there that are
convertible...I've looked at a couple of those, and will be researching them
some more.

I as well as my daughter are hot sleepers.  I actually can't sleep at night
at home unless it's close to 60 degrees.  My husband hates my cold feet when
I come to bed, but then he also complains that I roast him after a while.
;-))

As far as for my daughter, she sweats a lot when she's sleeping.  I think
that this will be a problem if her bag gets damp during the night.  Do you
think synthetic would be better suited for her because it dries quicker?
And, what can we do to help it dry quicker or to prevent her bag from
becoming damp in the first place?

I'm not too sure about the Kelty Light-year.  I don't like "spots".  I think
I'd prefer something with a more even fill.

Yeah, I've looked at the Marmot Helium...sigh...(wish list bound at $450)!
LOL

Color isn't a consideration for a bag.  Color smolor...rust or
avocado...does it keep me warm and comfortable?  Now that is the question!
Of course...it would be my luck to end up with the avocado colored one, and
then I'd have to listen to Kel compare it to her countertops over and over
and over!  LOL

Thanks for the suggestions, Ken!  You've been most helpful!  Keep the info
coming!

Shelly Hale