[at-l] feathered friends vs off the shelf

I'm looking at an outdoors catalog that showed up at my house yesterday
-
from backcountry.com.  I'm listing prices for comparison.

Some prices -all the ones I list are for regular length.  Long is more.

Marmot CWM -40 degree down  $668.95
Marmot Helium EQ 15 degree down $428.95
North Face Solar Flare Endurance -20 degree down $499.00
North Face Momentum 0 degree down $399.00
Mountain Hardware Phantom 15 degree down $324.95
Marmot Lithium 0 degree down  $438.95
North Face Inferno Endurance -40 degree down $649.00
North Face Hightail 900 15 degree down $349.00
North Face Dark Star -40 degree polarguard $299.00
Mountain Hardwear Wraith SL -20 degree down $524.95

 From Feathered Friends:  (using eVent, the most expensive
option.  For nylon subtract ~$80, Pertex ~$30, Epic ~$30)

Hummingbird 20 degree $335
Swallow 20 degree $355
Swift 20 degree $375
Egret Women's 20 degree $345
Tern -10 degree $490
Widgeon -10 degree $515
Eider -25 degree $585
Ptarmigan -25 degree $580
Snow Goose -35 degree $675

And remember, subtract from those if you don't want the most expensive
shell.

Personally, I think Feathered Friends is a good value in comparison.
And you get your choice of outer fabric, the ability to add extra down,
and when I ordered mine you could pick the color..  :)

-amy