[at-l] Evil Empire

I am totally amazed that so many people, on this list, are
into baseball.  I personally think that all profession
athletes are nothing more than over paid spoiled brats and I
cannot understand the fascination with professional sports.
I guess there are those whose lives are so miserable that
they have that they have to live it vicariously through
sports.  But this rabid support of sports teams is so high
school harry, god I wish people would grow up.

Monday was a tough day at work, one of my experiments was a
complete failure and I had a report that was due at the end
of the day and I was suffering from writers block.  I went
down to the cafeteria for lunch and sat with a group of
friends.  One mentioned that I could not wait to get home
this evening.  One of my friends said he couldn't wait to get
home either as there were two baseball games and one football
game on television that night.  He wanted to know what I was
going to do when I got home, the implied question being what
was I going to watch on television that night.  I told him I
was going home, hug my wife and daughter and call my son.
Then it was a long and leisurely dinner talking with the two
ladies and then I might check the next days weather.  Life
was just way too short to waste it on watching sports on
television.  Actually life is way too short to watch
television period.

Grey Owl