[at-l] RE: AT Plates in Other States

"3) Doing one for TN would not make much sense as the NC tag covers the
parts of the AT that run along the border with TN, and I think TN is in
the middle of some nasty litigation re the scope of their special
license plate program."

It does cover those parts of the AT, but is still not accessible for people who live in TN! I have heard that there is some interesting and nasty litigation going on about a couple of their license plate programs. Can't remember specifics, but it seems like there was an issue raised regarding availability of licenses on one side of a controversial issue, but not on the opposite side. Pro-Life vs Pro-Choice perhaps. Can't remember.

Anyway, as an alternative (although not directly supporting the AT) TN has friends of the Smokies specialty plates available...

BB