[at-l] Was Politician bashing - no more trail related

In a message dated 10/19/2004 11:14:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
stephensadams@hotmail.com writes:

National  politics affects all of us.  If I am to assume discussing politics
is  inappropriate on a (mostly) hiking list, isn't it also inappropriate to
discuss hiking on a (mostly) political list, where most don't  hike?
**
Yes

Steve

Many things are innapropriate on this list, but it doesn't stop people from
saying them. Politics as a tie in to the environment would have been  a
better post.

You never mentioned hiking, the wilderness, or anything useful that you
could
have tied to either of the candidates. What you mentioned I counted as
unimportant
rambling by someone who was frustrated at anothers remarks, and was
retaliating.  You seemed to focus on petty who did what and when  things (in
the
military, and college).
I was in the military for 6 years, and nothing you said related to their
serbving or
not serving was important to me. Their stand on the environment, alternate
fuels,
air, water and land pollution, saving species from extinction. Now THAT
would get
my attention. Life is too short to waste time on where Bush was in Alabama
(maybe
he was hiking the Pinhoti trail!), etc..

hotdog
I served, I hike