Novelist, was [at-l] Re: Katahdin at sunrise, was Digital cameras

Hikers is very literate.
LitShoe

Speaking of which, have any of you read "Walking to Vermont", by Christopher Wren?  I'm in the middle of it, and it's interesting.  He was a foreign correspondent for the New York Times.  When he retired, he decided to walk from the office in NYC to his retirement home in northern Vermont.  He roadwalked to an AT trailhead, then followed the AT and Long Trail (I think---I haven't gotten that far, yet.).  It's worth the read, I think.  I'm enjoying it.  One tidbit that I've enjoyed was the fact that he planned out the places where he could use the bathroom while he was walking in the city, but then found that he had trouble finding bathrooms and getting water in the suburbs.

anklebear