Trail closures -- Was [at-l] FLA Trail reopens

> They're going to clearcut Black Creek Wilderness where I
> do most of my hiking these days.

>                   ***   Well, it's not really wilderness anyway...

For the most part, you are correct.  The 40 mile stretch along the river
there is a heavy use area with a lot of dirt roads, several of which come
right up to the river itself.  There isn't any definition that works to call
it 'wilderness'.  The designated Black Creek Wilderness Area, though, is
pretty good.  It's eight square miles of nothing.  No roads, just the
trail - which is seldom used and even less frequently maintained.

>                   Isn't it great how they use deceptive terminology to
> justify planned lumber cuts. Clear cutting 400 acres of mature (critical
> habitat) Longleaf Pine in order to restore Longleaf Pine forest health.
> Hmmm...

I'm not particularly fond of Longleaf Pine anyway.  The Magnolias that are
abundant are much more interesting, IMO.

>              How did that Ivory Billed Woodpecker vanish again?

Bad luck.

Shane