[at-l] The Gathering

In a message dated 10/12/2004 4:20:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
TrailR@aol.com writes:
Or we could ridicule you, you seem to always ask for it by putting everyone
else down, because they are not as perfect "trail wise" as you.
Not everyone wants to be you. And that's OK. They do what they can.

hotdog

             ***     Sure, why not. But I tend to associate persons who
articulate important Trail ideas as being in a better position to have opinions.
Unless I see others show why those opinions are faulty I assume it works the
normal way and those persons gain credibility for their knowledge and
understanding of the Trail. The AT puzzles me because it is one of the few places where
that seems to work the opposite way. I always thought that unbridled ridicule
of persons who tried to seriously organize people for the good of the Trail was
the "putting down" here. I'm wondering at what point people will stop seeing
articulation of the AT's purpose as superior Trail wisdom egotism and start
seeing it for the plain Trail understanding it is? Mindless ridicule of persons
trying to promote higher Trail ideas is wrong. People should at least be aware
of it if they frequent the AT...