[at-l] The Gathering

Just got back from The Gathering about 10:30pm tonight, so will wait for
tomorrow for a more in depth Gathering report of sorts. I feel jetlagged a
bit lol - long drive.

I skimmed thru the archives since I set myself to nomail before I left - I
found it interesting, the different views of how it was this year. I think
that a lot of the "negativity" on this list beforehand found some
resolutions over the weekend, and everyone I saw was having a good time.
Those of us who chose to honor the no alcohol and quiet time rules, which we
were told would be enforced this year, set up at an alternate site out of
respect for the wishes of ALDHA on that matter. I'm not sure why that would
cause others to be angry . . . we spent most of our time at the college,
attended workshops, the ALDHA meetings, etc. and enjoyed seeing everyone
there.

It certainly did cause a certain lack of socializing, being in separate
places, and we hope to find a better alternative two years from now.
Negativity and being angry about it won't help resolve any issues. Calm
discussion, a good look at alternatives, and communication, might. :)

Other than missing the large one-campfire get together at night, I found it
was a great Gathering as always, and enjoyed every minute of it.  Was great
to see everyone, and looking forward to the next event.

Red