[at-l] Digital Camera

Sorry it took so long to reply. I had saved your message and just found it now.

I would check out the Olympus Stylus Digital 300 and 410. They are
good quality optics, with 3.2 or 4.0 megapixs and 3x optical zoom.
They are well armored, "weather proof" and light weight.  I have did a
lot of research and could not find a better point and shoot hiking
camera.
I have owned the 300 and then upgraded to the 400 which has been
discontinued for the 410. I would check out ebay and other after
market stores such as overstock to see if you can find the 400 at a
good price.
If you have any questions on the camera just ask.

SimpleHiker