[at-l] Re: News

Rich, Timothy D. wrote:

> Congratulations, Gary!  Will your retirement years warrant a trailname
> change, or are you staying in the DC area?

Thanks, Tim. No more mortgage backed securities for me! Thinking about
"Greenbriar", it fits me: thorny, all over the place, at times a
nuisance, but always green ;) Also, the name of my subdivision here in
Fairfax.

I will be leaving the area for NC, but not until my daughter is out of
high school in a year and a half,

> I'm hoping 2005 is the year for me as well, just the 100 mile wilderness
> remains.  Do you have any more southern sections to finish, or was the
> Hiwassee stretch your last one?

I have one gap in the South, from Wesser to Newfound Gap. Next gap north
is some 35 miles up in Connecticut, Cosmo's territory.

> Good luck in your prehike preparations.  Take care of those knees.

So far 3 days of diet, 3 1 1/2 hour conditioning walks.

- Gary from Fairfax (or Greenbriar?), Gaining Pain for Maine