[at-l] Fall begins to kiss the Southern Apps

All of which adds further evidence to my theory that the climate of the ridges and summits of Georgia and North Carolina mimics the climate on midcoast Maine.

We had our first frost last night - enough to finish off my bumper crop of tomatoes. And that only because I live in a frost valley. The gardens of folks a tenth of a mile away on the top of the hill are still flourishing.

The red maples are about 20 percent turned. Most sugar maples are as green as ever. My salt marsh glows in yellows and oranges. But overall fall is just beginning.

Weary