[at-l] Re: April gear & wear

I've walked through eight inches of snow during the first week of April in Georgia. In 1993 one morning I had to break the ice from my cooking pot on Tray Mountain. I think it was probably around April 18.

I carry a down jacket for evening and morning comfort in the mountains of Georgia and North Carolina through mid May. Even through late May you can expect an occasionally frosty night.

I figure an extra pound of weight is worth carrying for the comfort it provides after a sweaty day on the trail.

Weary