[at-l] My 2 cents re PA rocks

AA>   The rocks I  have hiked over are not bad, as someone mentioned, if you keep
AA> your daily mileage to about 13.   A good gauge that I use to indicate the end
AA> of a day of hiking or time to take a break is if I start stumbling... I call
AA> it "Hiking sloppy".

AA>  Hope to see you out on the trail...

AA>  Grey Owl, you still looking at BFT   this spring?

AA> Sparky-PA

Just  got back from doing 183 to 501. First "real" hike since wrecking
my  quad  tendon  on  3/28. I forgot what an incessantly, relentlessly
rocky section this is. Needless to say, I was most careful, and didn't
look up much. 9 1/2 miles and I felt great. No stumbles.

Beautiful day. The creek was absolutely  roaring  at  Hertlein.  Saw a
few  big  old  hawks gliding around Roundhead. Saw a guy using cut-off
hockey sticks for poles.  Interesting.

If you do Black Forest, post a report.

Chris - Near Swatara Gap