[at-l] RE: Suicide Penalty <OFF TOPIC>

This is similar to what I noted in that incredibly dumb thread last month
regarding sloppy gun handling. I am not sure that "the ones who want to
kill themselves eventually will" as this is usually a transient state.
Suicidal behavior and thoughts are very common - probably half of all
during their lifetime - yet incidence of suicide remains relatively much
less. Chaplains, physicians and others are not able to rescue everyone -
but it important to help others avoid a permanent solution for a temporary
problem.

We have an estimate of a million attempts each year, with about 30,000
completed suicides. It remains the second highest killer of college
students, and third highest for 15-24 year olds.

I am a sponsor for a 5K walk for the local American Foundation for Suicide
Prevention, Oct 10 at Peidmont Park in Atlanta. E-mail me off list if you
have an interest or go to
<http://www.outofthedarkness.org/>www.outofthedarkness.org .

OrangeBug