[at-l] Distilling many memories of thru-hiking

Some of you on this list may appreciate this
"predicament"...

A little background. My neighbor works for the Boulder
Valley School District Lifelong Learning program
(Phew! Wotta mouthful!). Her boss wanted more outdoor
classes to go with the wine tasting,  garderning, home
finance, etc.,etc. type classes. Well, the neighbor
mentioned I
have done a bit of hiking now and then. Next thing
I know, this came up:

http://snipurl.com/bvsd_hike

(I titled the workshop "Long Distance Hiking"; her
boss felt it needed a "flashier" title. :D)

So, part of the of presentation is putting together a
slide show of 1/2 an hour or so that presents the
"long distance hiking experience". Starting with my
Long Trail trip of 1997 and up to and including my
recent Colorado Trail thru-hike.  The slideshow is
almost done.

Interesting going through so many photos. What to
show? Do I show the Grayson Highlands the day after a
snow storm? Skylight Pond in Vermont? How many Sierra
phots should I show? The desert seems prettier now
that I not hiking in it! Wow...I live in a pretty
state! Etc. Etc.

It is hard to convey the thru-hiking experience. Be it
a first journey on the Long Trail or a thru-hike on
the PCT.  So many memories to pick from. So many
experiences to tell.

Just feel so fortunante to have done the journeys that
I have been on.

Mags

(Have to post a "trip" report for the marathon I just
did. Another beautiful fall run! Once I have the
pictures posted, will post the report...)

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com