[at-l] Camping for the Gathering and the Use of Alcohol

In a message dated 9/27/2004 12:19:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
TrailR@aol.com writes:

> "Hike Your Own Hike" gets carried a bit too far where alcohol is
> concerned.
> Drugs too...

That's the second time recently that you mentioned drugs.  Is there a "drugs"
problem I'm not aware about?  Coke, heroin, crank, crack, LSD, are we
shrooming on the trail or at the Gatherings?

You don't mean "the evil weed" do you?  Can't be too evil, Alaska is about to
legalize it (again) for personal usage.  Of course the Feds, and the
outspoken, will probabaly get in the way (again).

So what was the problem and how and why do you feel it affected YOUR hike?