[at-l] all this boot camp talk! :)

> I wonder if the real story is which of the above fool
> each of our particular feet into thinking they are closer to
> being barefoot? :)
>
> thru-thinker
> [who has played many a beach volleyball tournament all
> weekend long, running/jumping/turning while barefoot in hot
> sand, and would prefer walking that way on the AT if I could
> just glue a pair of superfeet or somethin' on my soles!]

I started hiking barefoot when my boots - which had been VERY comfortable
for a few hundred miles - suddenly started eating my feet.  I decided I was
better off without the boots, so I ditched them and put on all my socks.  It
was wonderful.

I had a lot of trouble at first sometimes because my feet had been weakened
by being in shoes and boots for so long.  Once my feet got their proper
exercise, I had no trouble - except on sharp or prickly things.

There's a bunch of people hiking barefoot.  There's even a book about it.

http://www.barefooters.org/hikers/

Shane