[at-l] YNP

I have fond memories of hiking in Yosemite, too.  In June 2001 Gutsy and I
hiked the PCT through Yosemite without going to the Valley.  We camped behind
the Tuolome Meadows store in a campsite with about 20 other PCT hikers.  After
hiking with her to Sonora Pass, I took a bus to Lee Vining then hitch-hiked
back to Yosemite.  From Tuolome Meadows I was the solo passenger in the first bus
run of the season from T.M. to the valley.  After spending the night at the
backpacker's walk-in campground behind North Pines Campground, I got up early
and hiked to the top of Half Dome and Yosemite Point before catching the last
bus to Merced.

Last June Gutsy and I both climbed Half Dome--an exhilarating experience.
That time we were there on a car trip.  There is much more we would like to see
and do in Y.N.P.

Dan and Gail

n a message dated 9/23/2004 12:55:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,