[at-l] Re: at-l my 2 cents re boots, poles, saws, etc.

>From Springer to Damascus my feet grew one whole size.  My boots were still
in good shape, but I couldn't figure out what was causing excruciating knee
pain.  New boots fixed that problem right quick.

Gypsy

From: Clark Wright <icw@esisnet.com>

2)  Re boots - am I the only one on this list who had feet grow by a
full size or more?  Simply put, I can't wear any of the same boots I
once wore before hiking 1,500 miles in one summer . . . of course, once
you have "broken in" your feet over a long distance hike, they won't
grow a second time, so think back to your first long distance hike and
see if your feet did not materially change shape/size . . . It may be
that people with narrower, higher arches (like me) do more "growing"
(i.e., flattening out, and getting thicker) - all I know is that mine
grew a full size, and the change has remained permanent.  I sure would
hate to have bought some $400 boots to then never be able to wear them
again! :)