Phil Oren fit, was [at-l] Boots and Blisters

In a message dated 9/22/2004 1:20:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
janl2@mindspring.com writes:

Phil  Oren and his people saved my thruhike - plain and simple.  I had
two  pairs of shoes fitted by other knowledgeable and reputable
outfitters, but  they were damaging my feet. I still show that  damage.

**

Just remember that Oren's way is just one way, and it doesn't work for
everyone.
Just like everything else, you need to do what works for you. I fitted my  ow
n boots
and was extremely happy. This, after years of letting other people tell me
what fit,
and hiking in pain.

My damage is more mental... ;-)

Deranged Dog