Phil Oren fit, was [at-l] Boots and Blisters

I wonder how his system would deal with my feet?
It sounds like he starts with a boot that most people would say just barely
fits, and then sizes it out to the proper fit.
I've never put on a boot that was too narrow, I've always ended up trying
to fit the boots INTO my feet... expedition socks, insoles, etc.
Then I lucked out and found Garmont... so now I can at least go off the
shelf. With my luck they'll either change the last or go out of business
next year.

One of my pet peeves is that the average hiking boot is a "D" width. The
average foot is a "C". And my foot is a "B". Which means that even when
they say narrow they're too wide.

skeeter