[at-l] Hiking poles - On Topic

In a message dated 9/22/2004 11:46:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Slyatpct@aol.com writes:

There  you go.  The best customer service in the business.  Name another
that
has such service, I dare yeah!  : )

Ok, so I'm a  Leki-holic among other things....

**

Hmmm.... LL Bean?

I'm a Leki-holic too. They redid my poles at trail days (2 new sections for
free).

Leki customer service may be great, but it's useless if you are on a thru
hike
& need the poles. I just had outfitters along the trail fix them when I  fell
& broke
a pole (cost $12.00), and when the tips wore out (free fix). The decision
was have
them back in 10 minutes, or wait for them to be mailed to Leki, fixed and
mailed
back. Easy choice.
FYI - I broke my pole in Georgia in March. If I had broken it in April, the
outfitter
would have fixed it free (he said Leki mails parts to outfitters along the
AT, but he
hadn't gotten them yet). And since it was Neels Gap (mountain crossings), I
wonder
if the old owners would have handled it differently (I'm told they may
have).

hotdog