[at-l] Trail Maintenance Question - Need Saw

At 11:46 AM 9/22/2004 -0400, RoksnRoots@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 9/22/2004 11:25:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>jbullar1@twcny.rr.com writes:
>A greenwood saw
>will have more aggressive teeth than a dry wood saw and there are bigger
>openings between teeth to encourage the wet sawdust to drop out rather than
>clog the saw.
>
>         ***      I had the Campmor freighter frame and tied a Stihl chainsaw
>on the back with gas can and tools. Added a clipper for the little stuff.
>Found it the best way to clear blowdowns...

There have been times when I could have used a chainsaw but:
1) I was in a wilderness area where chainsaw use is restricted to
authorized users in specified situations. I was not authorized user nor was
it a 'legal' situation. It would have been more *convenient* for me but
convenience is not sufficient to meet the criteria for chainsaw use.
2) As I observed before, I'm rarely in a hurry when I'm in the woods.
Slower (more physical) methods of cutting the wood are a good excuse for
both exercise and lingering in the woods.