[at-l] WAAAAY OFF TOPIC-Football

Could I ask a hiking question, please.  I've section hiked over 200 miles of the
AT, and plan to head north from Springer on March 14, but have had an awful
problem with blisters due to boots that don't fit right.  Can anyone recommend,
from personal experience, a custom boot maker?

thanks,
Longhaul

                      "Bett Middleton"
                      <mtnstream73@eufa        To:       <at-l@backcountry.net>, <govolskelly@aol.com>
                      ula.rr.com>              cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [at-l] WAAAAY OFF TOPIC-Football
                      at-l-bounces@back
                      country.net

                      09/20/2004 07:32
                      PM

Kelly wrote: So please don't single me out. And, for that matter, why are you
all the sudden picking on us when there have been PLENTY of other people on this
list who talk about other stuff other than hiking?

Kelly wrote to Shane and AT-L: And why didn't anyone say anything to you about
your off topic posts about
your clothing, or lack thereof?  I'm sick and tired of being PICKED on.

I didn't single you out.  I put Shelley right in there with you because of the
21 prior posts that had been made with comments about the football on them, you
and Shelley had sent 14 of them.  If y'all want to talk to each other about
football, address your comments to each other and put the appropriate address on
it-Not the AT-L address.  And I did also mention that football was right in
there with politics as I see it-not appropriate for this list.   All of it is
wasted space on this site that is provided for hiking purposes.  As for Shane's
clothes or lack thereof, if you read his journal, then I think you might realize
that his lack of clothes is definitely related to his hiking, and I think
Emperor would probably be a great trail name for him!

Now, I haven't called anyone names, and I made my request in a very pleasant,
civil tone.  I did not get a reply in kind.
Now, could we please talk about hiking.

Swallowtail