[at-l] backpacks

In my opinion comfort is the number one consideration in a backpack for new
backpackers, section hikers, and at the beginning of a through hike (long
distance like the AT). I always recommend getting the lightest framed pack
that is COMFORTABLE with the most gear and weight you will be carrying. You
will hear a lot on the internet about every through hiker switching to a
lighter pack, but most don't switch until after they have toughened up.
Have you read the pack reviews on BackpackGearTest.org?
Rocky