[at-l] backpacks

<<I'm struggling with this backpack I bought...it seems a bit heavy>>

How much weight is "a bit heavy"?

That question asked, it becomes a personal decision on how much you're
willing to haul. More and more pack makers are catching on to the
lightweight frame of mind, and there's no need to haul a 7 lb pack on the
AT.
Then, you're going to be putting this thing on everyday for 6 months and
carry it X number of miles per day, so I'm not going to cut much leeway on
comfort... it HAS to be comfortable. But if you can find a 2.5 lb pack that
will haul all your gear as comfortably as a 5 lb pack that's the route you
want...
I've been very happy with my ULA P2 <<http://www.ula-equipment.com/>>. And
I'm not sure if he's going to be there this year, but one of the makers of
the P2 pack has been at the last few Gatherings with demo packs...

skeeter