[at-l] Trick knee?

In a message dated 9/16/04 16:51:10 Eastern Daylight Time,
jbullar1@twcny.rr.com writes:

> You'd better not mention that you already have the problem. Insurance
> companies don't like to cover preexisting conditions (those you already had
> when the policy began). Ethical? Probably not.

At this point there is no diagnosis so it is not a pre-existing condition.
We all have our aches and twinges.  To mention these to insurance people is
folly.  Oh, some agents will even tell you to keep quiet so they can sell the
policy, but once you go to a doctor and it gets on the record then insurance
companies can do research.  Perhaps when a Health Insurance Plan is offered during
an "Open Enrollment" there is leeway in this regard.

Any Insurance people out there?

Skylander