[at-l] Trick knee?

For the past month or so I've been walking around with a bit of a limp and a
trick knee.  It's hard to explain but, it almost feels as though the bottom
half of my leg is artificial and joined by a loose hinge when I'm walking.  The
leg isn't very strong and it's difficult to do a one legged squat even if I
hold something for balance.  I would imagine I'd have a tough time pushing off
on the uphills or breaking going down.  It really doesn't hurt, until it
buckles back(?).  Sometimes it will "give" and I'll have to catch my balance with my
other leg in a spastic moment.

For the life of me I can't recall anytime I may have injured it.  It didn't
happen hiking, since I haven't been, so there's really no excuse.  I aim to
test it out next week if it's not raining.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sly