[at-l] ME>GA or GA>ME

In a message dated 9/16/04 09:18:56 Eastern Daylight Time, Slyatpct@aol.com
writes:

> Yes you're mind is going, but you're feet are standing still.  Any thoughts
> of resurrecting your attempted 2004 thru-hike?
>
> I personally never considered leaving a trail unfinished when forced to
> abort
> and "that made all the difference".

I am still recuperating from my Gallbladder removal, though I do feel good
enough to get out and walk around town (NYC).  I did a long day walk at Fire
Island (a barrier island off the southern side of Long Island) but have not been
on the trails that surround NYC.

When will I get back on the AT?  Hmmm...  perhaps in October 2004 or April
2005.  If I get out in October it will be a section hike in NJ, NY, PA, or CT.
My preference is NJ-NY.

My life partner has other plans for me and thus compromise is best approached
with some caution. Not that I don't like her plans.  I participate with
enthusiasm!  But, the togetherness in pursuing Concerts, Fine Dining, Parties,
Celebrations, etc., does not include hiking.  Thus, "lull times" on the social
scene are the opportunities to get out on the trail.  I know that this is not the
"norm" (what is the norm anyway?) for AT hikers.

An April return to the AT would be done where I left off -- in Georgia --
though I would like to return to Springer for photo ops and once again I would
like to spend a night at Justus Creek.  Still, there are other places to explore
-- north of where I stopped.

Decisions, decisions, decisions!

Skylander