[at-l] ME>GA or GA>ME

In a message dated 9/15/04 23:52:03 Eastern Daylight Time, TrailR@aol.com
writes:

> Reading backwards is no big deal.
> I cut all the books up & carried pieces of each. I mailed the  other
> sections ahead.
> I used the data book every day, for water locations & resupply  info.
> I used Wingfoots book to get more details about water locations.
> I used the companion & wingfoots book for town info.
> I used the guides to start fires (didn't matter which direction  they
> displayed the data).
>
> Every book has a use.

Is WF's book going unidirectional also?  If so then save the old book for N-S
mileage information; don't burn those pages.

The very little, (read minute) that I walked on the AT I kept notes of my own
experience in my WF book: names and phone numbers of shuttle services and
hostels, names of people met, news of upcoming obstacles (as shelter chatter
indicated), and so on.  Can't burn the book if it has a written record of the
experience.

Still, if East-West indications are included it would be helpful.  Compass
declination information is helpful.  GPS information would be another bit of
info that might prove helpful.  Alternate trail (where the AT "used to go")
information would be helpful for those who want to revisit old sites.  Also a
Topographic map of the AT with 20 miles on each side (or less if that would weigh
too much) might be helpful for those who want to bushwhack into, or out, of the
trail at various points.  For those who have hiked the trail numerous times a
"zig-zag" hike might be a challenge.  Oh, oh, my mind is going again.

Skylander