[at-l] that place...

<<There is a place...on the trail...I think in NH...where there is a
house-type structure with a ladder or something to the door and you can
climb up and there are great views. It seems that there is a
mailbox/register somewhere on the sidetrail, which takes off to the
right for a southbounder. Sound familiar?  (I hope that ain't Hemlock
Hill. Is it? )>>

Haven't been there, or I should say it wasn't there when I hiked, but this
sounds like the old farm house in VT I've heard hikers talking about. It's
somewhere in that stretch between Maine Junction and NH (NH and Maine
Junction for you Felix <g>). The owners allow hikers to stay when they're
not there, and theres a ladder to climb to the roof for a view.

skeeter