[at-l] ME>GA or GA>ME

The Guide books are switching to unidirectional descriptions as they are
updated, e.g. NY/NJ is unidirectional.  The older ones have had duplicate
information describing the hike both ways. However, in either case they
still have to be printed in one direction and some people have to read them
backwards. That is unavoidable. The databook has always listed the mileages
both ways (again you may have to read backwards). The Companion is strictly
S to N. The Handbook came in two versions for a while but is now only one
with info for both directions.

Although there are more NOBOs than SOBOs, the guides are for everyone, not
just thruhikers. As section hikers, we do the pieces in whatever direction
is most convenient at the time so we just have to cope with random direction
reading in any case.

---