[at-l] ME>GA or GA>ME

Hi Folks -

Sorry to do this, but I'd actually like to start a discussion about hiking.  I'm not sure if that's an appropriate topic for the list but I'll give it a shot anyway  ;-)

Most people complete a thru-hike by starting at Springer and ending at Katahdin.  A smaller number of folks do it the other way around.  For those of you who have completed a one-way thru hike of the AT, what made you decide on the direction of travel?  I'm curious to hear from people like Felix and others who have "gone against the grain" so to speak by starting their walk at Katahdin.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of either trek?

Peace,
Joe