[at-l] Mrs Gorp and short trip report

Mrs Gorp and I spent a beatiful weekend hiking from Dalton to North Adams
Mass.
Caught a big breakfast at the diner in Dalton. Hiked over somewhat wet
trail and rolling ups and downs to the great view off the Cobbles, and then
dropped down to the ice cream stand in Cheshire, and then wandered to the
gas station for lunch. Long climb up Greylock with a stop at the shelter to
fetch water. While there we met a southbound threesome travelling as the
Arcadians that Mrs Grop had met during her Maine section this summer. They
seemed to be having a great time.
The long gentle climb of Greylock that I remember from my thru didn't seem
to be so gentle as my memory suggested, and it was getting very warm, but
when we started hitting enough dayhikers to wonder where the bus stop was
we knew we were near the top :  )
We spent the night at the lodge, with a great dinner and a filling
breakfast (I for one didn't lose any weight over the weekend) and set out
for North Adams on a beautiful morning. As long as my memory was playing
games with me I found that the descent into town wasn't nearly as
knee-crushing as I remember, though I did manage several skids on the still
wet terrain.
We reached town somewhere around noon, and at that corner junction just
before the pedestrian bridge MrsGorp completed her second section hike...
so there was some fun there! (Having done from Springer to Dennis Cover
last year she's actually on her third section hike now, don't forget to rub
it in <g>).

Really great weekend for a hike!

skeeter