[at-l] Re:3 years ago today

On the morning of 9/11, 3 years ago, I got up as normal and dressed to drive
to work.  I was meeting my boss that day at a Walmart in Phenix City that we
were servicing together.  I don't usually listen to the radio much, but for
a short period of time there was a radio station that was playing oldies out
of Columbus, so I had the radio on listening to music.  Right before I got
to Phenix City, the news broke on the radio and they said a plane had hit
one of the towers of the WTC.  They first said it was a small plane and
accidental, and then they came back and said it was a commercial airliner.
About that time, I arrived at the store, and proceeded to get my supplies
and go in.  When I met my boss, I asked him if he had heard the news.  He
had arrived at the store right before it hit and had not heard.  About that
time we realized that the electronics manager had put a TV on a news
channel, and we all gathered around and heard about the second plane.  My
boss called his wife as they had a friend or relative or someone they knew
who worked in the towers.  We tried to get out work done, but it was
difficult.  When we finally left the store, I turned back on the radio and
listened to everything on the way home.  The rest of the time and days turn
into a blur.  I only remember seeing the planes hit the towers over and over
and listening to them talk about all the people who were killed and hurt.
The stories that came out of that event were heart-rending.  Our lives
changed forever on that day.

I agree with Coosa.  We were all so united after that.  What happened?  Its
just been 3 short years, though it seems much longer in my own life.
Swallowtail