[at-l] So...

I was sitting at my computer reading e-mails, probably wondering how many others really believed that I was really Wingfoot as had been suggested by several during the brief summer that I had been on the list.

Sometime earlier I had hiked Harriman State Park, which I had bypassed in 1993 because it was closed because of fire danger. On our last night in the park we  had camped at the West Mountain Shelter and had spent several minutes figuring out the buildings that rose above the ground pollution surrounding New York City in the distance.

My first thought was that the skyline I had admired so much on a very rare clear evening, no one would ever see again.

Weary