[at-l] Re: at-l Digest, Vol 16, Issue 25

HomeGuest - Not logged in
News
 ? BGT News
Gear Reviews
 ? Browse Reviews
 ? Search Reviews
 ? Recent Reviews
Documents
 ? How to Become a Tester
 ? Test Requirements
Tools
 ? Conversion tool
About Us
Mailing List
Links Lightload Towels
Manufacturer's Comment
Dear Friends and Customers:

We are the manufacturer of Lightload Towels and are responding to the
Backpacker Gear Test results from Roger Caffin and Rick Allnutt. We have made
substantial improvements in the quality and packaging since then.

SPECIFICALLY:
NOW LIGHTLOAD TOWELS ARE MUCH STRONGER AND WILL LAST LONGER THAN THE VERSION
RICK AND ROGER TESTED. If washed by hand, machine washed in cold water or
placed in a pocket before cleaning, the towels last a very long time. They could
last as long as a pair of boots on an Appalachian Trail thru-hike about two to
three months when out of the package and fully utilized.

The great feature of the towels is that you don?t have to use them unlike all
the other pack towels: Save them for an emergency or a time of need. People
have reported carrying them all the way from Georgia to Maine (2160 miles on
the A.T.) without opening them. Others use them on cross country bicycling
tours. That says a lot for the size, package durability and compactness of the
product especially since every couple of hundred miles hikers or bikers evaluate
and discharge unfavorable gear. We have also waterproofed the packaging to
enable one to swim with the towel and then open to a dry towel!

THE PRICE HAS GONE DOWN in most major retailer outlets and is somewhere
between 5 and 6 dollars per three-pack. This is due to favorable sales and good
factory quality control.

TESTING ERRORS?

The two testers even went so far as to recommend two household cleaning wipes
Chux and Heavy Wipes over Lightload Towels. The same American company owns
both products but for some reason Chux is not sold here in the United States.
The company explicitly warns against using the Heavy Wipes on the face or for
personal use. They are just for wiping tables and objects. Lightload Towels are
for both. In fact we sell the fabric to hospitals for patient use. Lightload
Towels also last longer and are more durable than the above products.

Both Rick and Roger could not accurately measure the drying time. In fact
Lightload Towels dry quicker in the sun than any other towel on the market and
unlike cotton towels and bandannas will not give off that terrible odor when
placed damp in a pocket for a few days.

Both reviewers barely mentioned the many uses Lightload Towels have. They
make great fire starters, water/ coffee filters, first aid supplements and masks
- all necessary survival tools. Either you can buy all these features
separately and more expensively on the one hand or save money and carry our Lightload
Towels.

We believe our product is the best sports pack towel on the market

Sincerely Yours,

George ?Wide load" Wheeler

.