[at-l] Normal Recovery Time, Generally Speaking

Martin Fors mentions that Bextra is an effective drug for his rotator cuff
tear, at least as good as Ibuprofen 800 mg thrice daily.

Bextra is expensive. Chronic use may have just as much risk of GI bleeding
- but no one has compared to two head to head. It is very difficult to
demonstrate that the costs are appropriate or that the risks are different.
However, we know that both Vit I and Bextra are safe and effective therapies.

You use what is available to you, knowing that there are risks and that
marketing plays a major role in the choice of such drugs. Many docs (and
others) have some problems with the idea that marketing should play such a
large role in medical treatments. You ought to be concerned when a drug
company's ads educate you about the choice, and provide the bulk of office
supplies at the doc's office.

OrangeBug